A House Without Solar
If you can't install solar yet, there is still plenty you can to do save electricity, reducing your bills and your carbon footprint.
Here are simple, inexpensive steps that can help you immediately save energy and money:
- Make sure all appliances and lights are turned off when not in use.
- Turn down the thermostat on the home furnace and water heater to a minimum setting.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent (CFL) bulbs, or better yet, LED bulbs.
- Install weather stripping around doors and windows.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Replace older appliances (refrigerators/freezers, washing machines, dryers, water heaters) with newer, more efficient models.
To get more ideas on how you can conserve energy and how to reserve your California Solar Initiative Cash Rebate you need to complete the PG&E Energy Survey.
Please continue to learn about the benefits of Solar for your home or business.